Shannon Green, CG *
Shannon Green earned the Certified Genealogist* credential in 2017. She is a skilled genealogist specializing in 19th and 20th century research in the United States, especially Connecticut.
Shannon has been interested in her own family history since she was a young girl. She started her genealogy journey by trying to prove an old family legend, but was captivated when she discovered how many other intriguing family stories were lost from generation to generation. The most memorable discovery in her personal research was finding her 5th great grandfather’s autobiography which he left with his will.
Shannon received her bachelor’s degree in sociology from Duke University and earned her Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Vanderbilt University. She regularly attends genealogy institutes and conferences and she earned Certified Genealogist* credential in 2017. Shannon continues to further her education through conferences, institutes and webinars. For a full resume, click here.
- Board for Certification of Genealogists
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council, Inc.
- Connecticut Ancestry Society, Inc.
- Connecticut Society of Genealogists
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS)
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B)
- Mensa International